Tuesday 31 December 2013

Tortillas....'cause it's Tuesday (by G)

As New Years Eve was a Tuesday, Biggs and I had tortillas.

This would have been a classic pork tortilla except I could only find pork steaks so I coated them in paprika, fried them off then simmered them for a long, long time in chicken stock, clarified onions and toasted cumin seeds.

Once the pork was tender I mashed it up and added a significant amount of cheese and melted that through.

For salsa I used yellow capsicum (because the red ones in the supermarket were all rancid), cucumber, red onion, coriander, salt and lime juice.

Nothing too unusual about these ones - to eat anything with that amount of cheese and salt is a bit death-defying.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Sometimes I think G is an evil genius and this was one of those times.

Cheese stirred through pork until it's melted. Excellent. Dangerous but excellent.