Wednesday 1 January 2014

Cajun Chicken (by Biggs)

Okay, I know you've seen this one before on the blog but there were a number of factors that lead me to cooking Cajun chicken with sweet potato salad.

1) I've been drunk for about a week now and this is my go-to easy meal to make
2) We've got visitors and this is what I always cook when friends come over for dinner
3) G and I have decided we're going to share the cooking more equitably this year which means I have to cook every second night.....so, naturally, I panicked and went with what I'm familiar with

I think this is a stupid idea on G's part. I can cook and enjoy cooking but if it becomes a chore I'm going to pump out some fairly stock standard dinners after not too long......steak and salad, steak and veges, pasta....luck G loves sausages.

The Cajun chicken was breast meat sliced into bite-sized pieces and coated in Cajun seasoning from a jar. The salad was spinach, cumin roasted sweet potato, pine nuts, bacon and feta with a dressing of juice, tahini and honey.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it. The dressing was a bit wacky because the only juice available in the house was a tropical juice leftover from the Christmas day punch.

1 comment:

G said...

There is no element of this meal that I didn't like, well... maybe the green stuff. But through great sacrifice comes great reward and by eating the spinach I also got to eat the chicken, bacon, feta and pine nuts. That's a good deal.