Saturday 18 January 2014

Spicy Pork and Vegetables (by G)

All week I've been looking for pig skin to serve as a plate for a dinner meal. Today I found pig skin so I decided to crisp it up and top it with a spicy pork dish.
 
Unfortunately, despite crisping up the pork skin it shrank in size and there was nowhere near enough to serve as a plate - so I served it on the side.
 
The spicy pork was made by marinating pork in white pepper, garlic powder, chilli powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried chilli, some chilli sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Then I fried it up in some rendered pork fat with some blanched carrot, broccolini, whole garlic cloves, spring onion and capsicum. 
 
This was an okay dinner, the pork was surprising bland despite all the spicy input. The crackled pork skin was awesome.

 


No comments: