Wednesday 8 January 2014

Stuffed Pork Medallions (by G)

I was too busy today to think about what to have for dinner so I winged it at the supermarket.  We ended up with pork medallions stuffed with pork sausage, shallot, parmesan cheese and sage powder. They were fried and then finished in the oven.

For healthfulness we had some carrot, baby corn and mushroom fried in butter and oil.  There was also an attempt at a kind of potato rosti thing - it didn't much work out so I tried to hide it under the pork.

The stuffing was not as flavourful as I'd hoped and the pork a little dryer than ideal - it would have benefited from a bit of gravy - alas there was none.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Whilst I agree with most things G said I still think this was a pretty special dinner. Who stuffs a pig with a sausage for a mid-week dinner. I was scared the veges would taste drab and chore-ish but it turns out they were delicious.

I feel bad that G had a hard time with the potato - he was grating away quite diligently but, he's an idiot - the potatoes were the highlight.