Friday 3 January 2014

Ginger Chicken (by Biggs)

Tonight I made a version of ginger chicken. I figured the ginger, white meat and vegetables might be marginally more healthy than what we ate throughout the festive season.

I fried off some chicken, then fried off a lot of ginger, a lot of garlic, a lot of spring onion, some capsicum and broccoli. 

I added some hokkien noodles as well as a sauce of fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and a couple of bird's eye chillies then mixed in some chopped coriander. 

My friend Fi makes an excellent ginger chicken but this one really didn't compare. The ginger tasted raw and the whole thing wasn't very balanced but, it was okay.

I bet G is already regretting letting me cook every second night.

1 comment:

G said...

I ate this - a good balance of chicken to vegetables to noodles. The chicken was a bit lacking in ginger flavour but who will remember that 2 years from now?