Thursday 2 January 2014

Lamb (by G)

What can I say about this one - other than, it looks fucking delicious!  Okay, it didn't photograph well but it was pretty good.

I seasoned and sealed a lamb loin then put it on a bed of cubed packet vegetables and some mushrooms that had been lightly fried in butter - then put that in the oven to cook the meat and the vegetables through.

For a sauce I fried shallots (also in butter) added the last of the cognac (flamed it) then added some chicken stock and just simmered it down until it was thick (then added butter to give it a bit of gloss).

Then I arranged it all elegantly on a plate and we ate it.  The lamb was nice, the sauce was like a salty French onion soup - a winning combination.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This lamb was delicious but yes, quite salty. I like that G tricked us into eating a buttload of veges.