Friday 31 January 2014

Lamb and Couscous (by Biggs)

Kyo no tema, kore des! Kyo no tema……COUSCOUS!

Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong we are on!

After amateur night yesterday, tonight I planned a restaurant-quality couscous dinner....but it turned out quite rustic round the edges.

My plan was to buy couscous, some lamb, a bunch of my favourite ingredients and throw them all together to see what happened. Fairly good things happened but boy it was a bit hectic in the kitchen. I fried up some onion and capsicum with cumin and turmeric. Then I fried up some bacon in one pan. In another pan the lamb. In another pan the pine nuts. And a pot for the couscous. I, of course, burnt the pine nuts. 

I put some more pine nuts in a pan. Then I chopped up some olives and parsley and mixed all the tasty bits through the couscous. Then I burnt myself on the lamb pan. Then, of course, I burnt the pine nuts again.  

And that’s it. The couscous battle is O-VAH! Who takes it? Whose cuisine reins supreme?


PostScript: Little does G know, on my day off work today, I had time to send my blu gourmet pearl couscous barcode in to win a dinner party hosted at our house by Gabriel Gate....so, I guess it's more pearl couscous for tomorrow night's dinner.

1 comment:

G said...

Biggs did pretty well with this dinner. It's a bit unfortunate that it was in direct competition with my awesome couscous - that's a no-win situation for her.

The olives were savoury and excellent. Pine nuts would have been a genius addition.