Sunday 19 January 2014

Porterhouse and Beetroot Salad (by Biggs)

The other day, G mentioned that he really likes beetroot which surprised me but it inspired me to make a beetroot salad. This one was made with rocket in a red wine vinegar, beetroot, feta cheese and toasted walnuts.

I served the salad with a porterhouse steak that was on quick sale for half-price at the supermarket. The steak had stickers all over it assuring the buyer (me) that the steak was 'still fresh'. I still decided to overcook it to be on the safe side. Actually I overcooked it because I was temporarily distracted by the cricket but we grew up on overdone steak so didn't have too much trouble choking it down.

Not sure what else to say. I served it with a shite-load of grain mustard.

1 comment:

G said...

I do like beetroot - what's not to like? And it's awesome staining power focuses the mind when eating.

The salad was nice with a mixture of textures - soft cheese, crunchy nuts, beetrooty beetroot. And I'm a fan of jerked chicken.