Thursday 9 January 2014

Indian-spiced Shepard's Pie (by Biggs)

I couldn't sleep the other night because my mind was racing thinking of various things I could cook for dinner now that I have to do it every second night. Eventually I thought the Internet must have some sort of recipe roulette type website and drifted soundly off to sleep.

Turns out Recipe Roulette is a thing so I spun.....and won. The recipe that came up was an Indian-spiced Shepard's Pie. Initially I thought it wasn't a recipe well suited to the heat-wave weather we've been experiencing but I also thought it would be super tasty. And, it was.

I fried off some lamb, onions and carrot before adding garam masala, chicken stock and peas. At the same time I cooked up some diced potato then fried it with turmeric and coriander. I dumped the later on the former, squeezed some lemon over the top and jammed the whole lot in the over.

I can't take the credit for this one but fuck me it was good. Thanks Recipe Roulette!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a good one - expecially as it was a bit of a cool night (comparatively). It also exuded bright yellow oil - my favorite kind.