Tuesday 14 January 2014

Gorditas (by G)

At some point in my internet meanderings over the past month I came across a photograph of a tiny little Mexican food truck and noticed they served Gorditas so I thought I would check it out.

Basically Gorditas are fresh tortillas fried in oil, cut open and stuffed with tasty. In this case I stuffed them with finely chopped barbequed chicken, cheese, fried red onion, fried capsicum, coriander, jalapeno, cumin seeds, oregano, paprika and a dash of Fi&Dan's world renowned tomato relish.

For a side I wanted to make a 3 bean salad - apparently they don't sell three bean mixes in a tin any more, only four beans. So I mixed a tin of various beans with some red onion, tomato, coriander, jalapeno, salt and a dash of lime.

Also, just for flavour, I made a picante sauce of tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, salt and lime. Tomato and jalapeno in everything.

I was a bit dubious about frying the tortillas but they turned out excellently. I would have to say this was the best tortilla related dinner I've made in a while - which is good because I was running out of ideas...

2 comments:

Biggs said...

Oh boy, the Gorditas WERE stuffed with tasty. GORDITAS!

I can't believe just hours ago I didn't know that Gorditas were a thing. I'm really glad their a thing. They are a delicious, delicious thing.

I did a quick review and this is by far and away the tastiest dinner we've had in 2014.

Biggs said...

They were so tasty I lost my sense of grammar.