Saturday 30 November 2013

Grilled Chicken Rolls (by G)

As Biggs was off vicariously reliving her glory days on the stage I decided to do something pretty simple for dinner.

I found some chicken breast in the freezer and marinated it in garlic and ginger.  Meanwhile, I blended the rest of a jar of olives, the little bit of remaining feta and some olive oil. The resulting sauce did not look very appealing so I blended in some parsley - this did nothing to improve the eye appeal, so I resigned myself to eating what looked like the intestinal tract of a giant slug.

For a side I oven baked some packet shoe-string fries with thyme, salt and sesame oil and mixed some tube wasabi through kewpie mayonnaise for dipping (I also spread some of the wasabi mayonnaise on the long white roll with the chicken).

The chicken turned out pretty well. If I'm honest, the feta/olive mix was a bit weird and pretty salty. I was pretty satisfied though.  Maybe something a bit healthier is called for on Sunday.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yet another great photo of a pile of fries. Excellent description of the sauce. Slugriffic.