Thursday 21 November 2013

BBQ Pork and Noodles (by G)

I was planning to make cheongfun for dinner - the really slippery rice noodle wrapped BBQ pork things you get at dim sum... turns out life is hard and I lost my motivation some time before I'd finished work for the day.  Instead I decided to get a packet of those irregular shaped rice noodles from the shop and add them to a kind of BBQ pork stir-fry.

Chinese BBQ pork is about the most delicious thing ever and is sold just a short walk from our house - dangerously convenient.

Along with the BBQ pork and boiled noodles I added some long Asian greens that I don't know the name of, some white onion, spring onion, carrot, minced garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce and mirin. Heat was applied, sesame oil was sprinkled on top and then it was eaten.

Easy to make, good to eat and probably okay health-wise (though I did add a pretty generous amount of pork).

1 comment:

Biggs said...

G's a dick and tried to trick me into thinking we were having nachos for dinner. I was pretty excited and had prepared my palate accordingly so it got a bit of a shock when dinner was served.

But, the joke fell on it's arse when I discovered one of my favourite meals served up. Chinese BBQ Pork and slippery noodles. You can never go wrong.