Thursday 28 November 2013

Chicken with Leek-y Pasta (by G)

I wasn't sure what to have for dinner so I did an online quiz (sheknows.com to be more specific). After a series of questions - how long are you prepared to spend (up to an hour), how much time are you willing to spend cleaning up (about 10 minutes), what style of dish would you like (a choice of 4 - I picked 'Italian').  When I got to the end the quiz spat out a choice of 3 Mexican dishes...
 
After that I decided to search for 'chicken pasta Italian' and came back with a recipe similar to what I made - the olives were my own addition, as were some of the dried spices.
 
I dusted a chicken Maryland with salt, white pepper, five spice, paprika and flour - fried it in butter and oil then oven roasted it.  For the accompaniment I slow-fried a leek with some garlic and salt then added butter, chicken style stock* and olives and cooked pasta.
 
For flavour and colour I drizzled some sriracha over the top.  The whole lot - odd though the combinations were - was pretty tasty, it could have done with some bacon - so much so that I could almost taste the absent bacon. 
 
 
 
* I didn't realise I'd bought chicken style stock but the list of ingredients on the back confirmed that no chickens were juiced in the making of the stock.  I tried some out on an expert to see if she would be fooled into thinking there was chicken in it... the cat would not go near the non-chicken chicken stock.


No comments: