Sunday 10 November 2013

Chicken Skewers (by G)

Biggs and I were watching 'Good Chef Bad Chef' yesterday and Adrian Richardson made some herby chicken skewers.  They looked pretty colourful and nice so I decided to try them out.

Chunks of chicken breast were marinated in chilli, dill, coriander, fresh oregano, garam masala, paprika, salt, pepper and lime zest (in place of the lemon zest in the recipe). Once the chicken had marinated for 8 hours I stuck it on some skewers then fried them off. To make sure the chicken was cooked through I stuck them in the oven for a bit.

Rather than spinach I went with buk choy (because we had it in the fridge), and some mushrooms for a bit more substance.  To begin I fried some green and red chilli and slices of garlic, then added the mushrooms and buk choy and it was job done.

I don't know much about nutrition but this meal seemed pretty healthful - initially I thought the skewers were a bit lacking in flavour... I'm used to a lot of soy based marinades. In retrospect, though, it was a nice change.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I hope this was healthy. I think it was healthy. I liked the chilli. It was nice and tasty.

Less healthy meals are quite tasty too though and I don't think we should forget that.