Monday 4 November 2013

A little bit of steak and a lot of vegetables (by G)

After the rather meatcentric dinner yesterday I thought I should bring the veg. I sautéed baby corn, carrot, capsicum, zucchini and mushrooms in oil and (a little bit of) butter - then added some noodles, and stock (mushrooms stalks simmered in water for a couple of hours then a chicken jelly tub added).  I thickened the stock with a little corn flour.  The vegetables were bland, I think I sub-consciously didn't add flavour out of protest.

Luckily I did marinate some thin sirloin steaks in soy, mirin, sake, oyster sauce and chilli flakes and fried them off - it would have been a pretty sad meal without the flavourful protein.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I was pretty happy to see vegetables on the plate tonight. Somehow they were super buttery but hope this didn't undo the goodness.

The steak was super tasty.