Thursday 14 November 2013

Lamb Cutlet Souvlaki (by G)

Given that we still had lamb cutlets left I decided we should have lamb cutlets for dinner - but something different.  I didn't bother look for a lamb cutlet souvlaki recipe because I'm pretty sure it's not a thing, instead just made a regular souvlaki dish with lamb cutlets.  Anyway, the cutlets were marinated in a garlic, dried oregano, red wine, olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice mix - fried and then oven baked (to get the meat near the bone good and cooked).

The rest was laziness. I heated some tortillas and quartered them and made a quick salad of cabbage, cucumber, tomato and the little capsicum we had in the fridge.  There was also some yoghurt for the top.  I added some sriracha to mine for spicy flavour.

I would have liked to have marinated the meat for longer but you can't have it all.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

You CAN have it all....we had it all tonight. Lamb, tortillas, healthy salad. It was a winner.

Something about the combo of lamb and yoghurt is pretty special.