Sunday 17 November 2013

Pork with Vegetable Pancake-y Thing (by G)

Well, this is a pretty looking dish. I had to use up some of Biggs' mung bean sprouts and had planned to fry them with a bunch of other vegetables and wrap them in crapes. I got over that idea pretty quickly though and ended up just frying down the sprouts until they had lost a lot of liquid, then fried some grated carrot with cumin and fried some grated potato with salt. After that I layered them in a pan with a flour, egg, milk crape mixture and bunged it in the oven.  

For protein I fried some pork in a marinade of chilli sauce and oyster sauce then (not very elegantly) sliced it for serving.  It probably didn't look to bad once those elements had been plated so I spread some yogurt over the top and added fried garlic and onion to give it that 'just thrown up' look.

Tasty stuff - managed to keep it down too.
  

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was weird but palatable and used up the leftover beansprouts so they didn't rot into a puddle in the bottom of the fridge.

I liked the pork.