Tuesday 19 November 2013

Bean and Rice Burritos (by G)

I thought it was time for something different and decided to make one of those rice and bean deals that you see on the big budget Hollywood movies. I boiled some rice and mashed some kidney beans then added fried onion, fried garlic, tomato paste, a little beef stock, cumin and paprika and some cheddar cheese abomination from a jar.

It was at this point that I suspected the burritos were not going to be as tasty as I'd hoped, but I was kind of committed at that point so I did nothing. I then spooned the rice mix onto the tortilla wraps - at that point I realised I should have warmed the wraps first because they were not too pliable - once again, already committed.

After I'd poorly wrapped the not very flavourful rice I sprinkled some cheese on top and popped them in the oven for a bit.  The burritos were served with a red onion, cucumber, lime and coriander salsa along with some avocado.

These were not as bad as I'd initially feared - they were not exactly what I was aiming for though.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This dinner was so fresh and lovely with the salasa and avocado but I question it's authenticity. I've seen enough shitty (I mean big budget) Hollywood films to know that these burritos should have been absolutely dripping with bright yellow oily melted cheese both inside and out. Probably for the best G didn't go in that direction.