Wednesday 27 November 2013

Bahn Mi Burger (by G)

I have a bahn mi addiction which I've managed to keep in check by having just one every Saturday morning.  Today I discovered a technical loop-hole whereby I can have more bahn mi if they are in a different form. Apparently other people have discovered this loop-hole because there are a variety of bahn mi burger recipes on the internet.

The patty for this one was made from pork mince, chilli, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, five spice, sugar and lime zest.  Ideally this would have gone onto a small baguette with pork pate (or head cheese), carrot and daikon pickle, mayonnaise, butter, coriander and strips of chilli.  Unfortunately I could only get long white rolls, could not be bothered making the pickle and could only find chicken liver pate - so our rolls had chicken liver pate, butter, grated carrot, coriander, kewpie mayonnaise, red onion and strips of chilli.

I was pretty content with this version but it would definitely have been improved by more pork products, the pickle and a bit more of an intense chilli flavour (shouldn't have de-seeded them).

In hindsight, I could also have included more of the burger in the photo...


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Boy, I'm glad I was home for bahn mi burger night and not home for aubergine stew night.

This. Was. Excellent.

There are no words. Except excellent. But, that's just one word.

Excellent.