Tuesday 26 November 2013

Beer and Canapes (by Biggs)

Tonight I headed to the State Library for a conversation with Maggie Beer. I didn't actually speak with her but I did listen to her speak and she was delightful. She told me (in not so many words) that G has to cook us a goose for Christmas....I look forward to that. She also told me to go to Tokyo for uni....I look forward to that too.

And then she fed me. She may not have actually done the cooking but I get the idea she at least had a hand in developing the recipes. She left the actual cooking in the hands of one of the ex-Masterchef guys demonstrating a lot more faith then I ever would but it paid off.

Dinner was quince and cheese, eggs and raisins, little chicken tartlets and some super good haloumi. A bunch of this may have been shipped in from the Barossa but the good news is that the haloumi was from just up the road. There'll be more of that in my life. And, perhaps a little more of the Maggie Beer ice-cream that was served for dessert.

No comments: