Wednesday 6 November 2013

Lamb and Couscous (by G)

For some reason I was feeling like having lamb and couscous today, after spending half an hour looking for harissa and non-flavoured couscous at the supermarket I was pretty much over the idea... but pushed on regardless.

Instead of harissa I got red curry paste and instead of plain couscous I got some bullshit instant stuff (seriously, the supermarket boasts 250 different types of ice-cream but does not have any plain couscous - well it may, but I couldn't find it).

Anyway, I fried the lamb with some red curry paste, leftover mushrooms, yellow capsicum and a small jar of roasted vegetables.  Even though the couscous was pre-flavoured I added chicken stock instead of water out of habit... it turned out to be super flavourful as a result.  The green stuff is leftover coriander added for colour.

I never want to go to the supermarket or, in-fact, leave the house ever again.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Probably shouldn't have been looking in the freezer section for couscous.

I was hoping for something filling for dinner and G delivered.

It tasted about a million times better than the photo implies, ie/ it didn't taste like a pile of sh*t.