Sunday 3 November 2013

Giant Meat Sandwich (by G)

I was inspired by Biggs' ham and coleslaw rolls from yesterday and thought to myself, 'I want one of them (sic) giant sandwiches like you see on the TV'.  I bought 300 grams each of ham, pastrami and corned beef - along with some Swiss cheese, salami and large soft white rolls.

To make the sandwiches I simply opened the rolls and dumped on a layer of salami, cheese, corned beef, cheese, ham, cheese, pastrami and a final layer of cheese.  To provide a bit of texture I made a salad of fried mushrooms (with red wine vinegar), parsley, capers, green Sicilian olives and minced garlic.

I had to get my super-sharp Japanese blade (Bitey-san) out to cut the sandwich and prop each up with a couple of skewers.

I like meat, but this meat mountain was almost too much for me. It was a bit like eating a soft, tasty brick.  Just trying to get it in my mouth was a challenge - I probably ingested as much of it nasally as I did orally.  I did get it down in the end... after about an hour.  Biggs has not been quite so successful - her personal motto is, 'Getting it done since 1981' but I think she's going to fail on this occasion.

2 comments:

Biggs said...

G's just getting silly now....in this case, Food Won.

I really like the salami and the cheese and the parsley salad.

I'm paranoid that G likes to one-up me after I cook dinner eg/ I make a ham roll, he makes a GIANT ham roll. I will test this theory next week.

feedub said...

Bitey-san is out of the packet! Some sandwich...