Sunday 24 November 2013

Mixed Meat Shamboli (by G)

Shamboli (to the best of my knowledge) is not a real thing - I'm claiming it as a dish made in a haphazard way from left-over meats you find in your freezer.

This (to the best of my knowledge) was made from a mix of lamb mince, beef mince, cubes of stewing beef and lamb cutlets.  The cubes of beef were seasoned and fried and simmered in plain water for about an hour - in theory to get it tender.

The minces were fried, then spring onions and mushrooms were added, also egg plant, chopped up snake beans, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, beef stock... I think that's it. Once the stock had thickened I served it out with a topping of fried pork cutlets.  There was a plan to have rice as well... but there was an intimidating quantity of food already so I skipped that.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

It's meals like this that make deceased vegetarians to roll over in their graves.

It's meals like this that send carnivores into their graves.

I liked it. Surprise meats are the best type of surprises.