Tuesday 25 February 2014

Picaditas (by G)

I e-mailed myself the word 'picaditas' the other day - just that, 'picaditas'. I figured it was food related - still not exactly sure what they are supposed to be - but my version is below. I think they are supposed to be like tortilla pizzas.

What I did is chop up some rump steak into little cubes, seasoned it with salt and pepper, then browned them off. After that I added some garlic powder, paprika and cumin, then some red onion, then some tomato paste... then I added some vegetable stock and simmered and simmered and simmered... at some point I also added some red capsicum and coriander stalks. They are absolutely the last things I added, except for some spring onions.

For topping I made a standard salsa of red onion, coriander, cucumber, capsicum and green chilli (wait, I also added green chilli to the meat). A sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lime and the salsa was done.

The picaditas themselves were basically just regular flour tortillas which I rolled the edges on to give them a little lip. Then I blind baked the tortilla cases, topped them with the meat mix and some cheese and served.

The salsa was self serve - for the exercise benefit.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Pizza Tortillas (Picaditas) are the best tortillas we've had since that time G stuffed tortillas (Gorditas)....pizza good, tortillas good, pizza tortillas most excellent.