Tuesday 11 February 2014

Korean BBQ Pulled Pork Tortillas (by G)

Phase two of my plot for financial domination. Instead of buying all new meat for tortillas tonight I used some leftover slow cooked pork from Sunday.

To give the pork some flavour I fried some onions and onion shallots and leftover coriander stalks then chopped the pork and mixed it through... and then I added a homemade barbecue sauce made from soy sauce, brown sugar, red bean chilli paste, sriracha, minced ginger and garlic, along with mirin and rice wine vinegar.

I also decided it was time to hand make the tortillas again. I'm a bit out of touch and added too much oil to the dough, but they turned out okay.

To top off the beef I bought a tub of kimchi and chopped it up a bit to make it more manageable - also I de-packeted a packet of roast pork crackle and crumbled it up to add a little crunch.

I was pretty happy with dinner tonight - tasty and economical. Happily there is also quite a bit of kimchi left for another night.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yes. This was a good one. Porky, spicy and crackly. It WAS really great to have homemade tortillas again. I made sure the pork wouldn't be left over a second time and put it all in my belly.