Friday 14 February 2014

Pepperilli Pizza (by Biggs)

What's pepperilli you may ask?

Who fucking knows? But, these pizzas were a success. I used the three ingredient rule - tomato paste, pepperilli and mozzarella. I also used dough.

I had the day off work so spent 8 hours thinking about the dough and then one hour making the dough. Fortunately dough practically makes itself - flour, water, salt, oil, yeast - knead, knead, knead - leave it for 1/2 an hour and roll it out into pizza bases.

There was nothing not good about this dinner but I think the highlight was having to drink a bottle of wine to get the rolling pin.

Although, Aaron randomly turned up at our doorstep with a carton of beer to indulge in pizza so that was quite good too.

The only questionable moment was taking a phone call just as I was about to take the first two pizzas out of the oven. I left the boys to take them out of the oven and they promptly forgot. Turns out a pizza a little overdone is a good thing.


1 comment:

G said...

There's nothing better than scarfing your body weight in pepperilli pizza. I've never done it before but I'd do it again in a jiffy - if I survive for longer than a jiffy.