Wednesday 26 February 2014

Gong Bao Chicken (by Biggs)

It was a very last minute decision about what to cook for dinner tonight and what I cooked was Gong Bao chicken which I think is the original version of Kung Pao chicken without all the fancy vegetables. I've lost track of what dinners we've had since the blog began (even though the blog serves the exact purpose of tracking dinners) so I'm sure we've had something similar to this before. Although, G thought otherwise.

This version had chicken in soy sauce and cornflour, peanuts, garlic, ginger, spring onions, Sichuan peppercorns and dried chili served with rice and sugar snap peas. I doubled up on the spices for good luck which I think went well. The spring onions were fresh from the garden, complete with splashings of 6 different neighbourhood cats' piss. That's all profit right there!

1 comment:

G said...

Biggs set herself a 30 minute time deadline to prepare dinner tonight. Unfortunately she came in 45 seconds late so I can't judge this meal.

If I could have I would have judged this a lot percent. I think it was different to what we normally have and I, for one, welcome change on the odd occasion.