Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tandoori Chicken Chapati-Tortillas (by Biggs)

I was wandering the aisles of the supermarket a few weeks back and spied a giant yellow box that said "Tandoori Chicken Wraps" on it and thought that would be an excellent plan for tortillas.

When I looked closer at the box it said it enclosed some tomato chutney, a tandoori spice mix and chapati. While I thought a chapati wrap would be delicious I was worried I may be straying a bit too far from Tortilla Tuesday with this one. After a bit of research I established that chapati is pretty much whole wheat flour tortillas so went with it. Apologies to anyone who knows better!

I copied the picture on the box and marinated some chicken in the tandoori mix, served it with lettuce, tomato and cucumber, tomato chutney (from the box) and a yoghurt garlic mix. I was hoping that the tandoor chicken would char up nicely but all the flavour stuck firmly to the bottom of the fry pan.

Dinner was so good the thought of having to clean the fry pan didn't even mar it.

2 comments:

G said...

Though some of the flavour in this dish stuck to the pan a lot of it also stuck to the chicken.

I like trying all kinks of different flavours with tortillas, some of them are not very successful - this was an exception.

G said...

I meant to write 'kinds' not 'kinks'... maybe kinks is correct though...