Monday 24 February 2014

Mustard Pork Chops with Green Bean Salad (by Biggs)

This dinner involved a whole lot of dicking around for not a whole lot of payoff. I roasted tomatoes to make a vinaigrette base, I garlic-infused some oil, I bought some cider for the sauce....all of which wasn't really worth it.

The pork was nice even after two smoke alarm incidents but I sort of ruined it with a Nigella Lawson Mustard sauce....not her fault, it was just a bit too sweet and rich for my liking. It was a simple mix of cider, grain mustard and cream.

And, despite the effort I put in to the vinaigrette, the salad was a bit average. It was beans, tomatoes and basil with a sauce of oil, red wine vinegar, lemon rind and mashed roasted tomato.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed this if G cooked it but by the time it came to sitting down to dinner I felt like I was gagging it down a bit.

I also just realised I forgot two things:

1) I have some leftover sage I was going to fry up to serve with the pork. Sage probably would have improved the pork.

2) I was meant to add spring onions to the salad. I've even got some spring onions growing in the garden awaiting such an occasion. Spring onions probably would have improved the salad.

1 comment:

G said...

I ate pork and I don't feel as thought I'm going to have a heart-attack. That is some achievement. I will try and bring back the tingling left arms tomorrow.