Wednesday 5 February 2014

Chicken and Goats Cheese Pasta (by G)

I didn't have much of an idea of what to make for dinner tonight so I decided just to mix a whole bunch of stuff together.

I bought some chicken and fried that 'til brown then removed it from the pan and sautéed ham, garlic, grated carrot, grated celery, chopped spring onion, capsicum and some parsley (pre-chopped by Biggs). Once everything was a mushy mass I added the chicken back to the pan, added some cooked pasta and then quite a lot of fresh goats cheese. I was a bit worried that I'd added a bit too much cheese but it melted away almost immediately so I added a lot more (and a bit more on top for flavour).

There didn't appear to be enough starch on the plate for my liking so I mixed grated garlic with butter and smeared it onto some rustic rolls and grilled them.  The garlic, oddly, turned electric green - the internet says that garlic turns green when exposed to temperature change but I've never had that happen before - didn't affect the flavour though.

I was pretty pleased with this dinner - I was pretty un-optimistic when I was making it. The most satisfactory thing is that I managed to use up leftover bread rolls, parsley, capsicum, spring onion and most of a tub of goats cheese... efficientelicious!

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Without knowing it this was exactly what I felt like eating for dinner tonight and G very generously hid the vegetables / nutrients from me in a fine grate.

The garlic was horrifyingly BRIGHT lime green....didn't stop us enjoying it. These ciabata rolls are getting pretty popular in our household.