Saturday 8 November 2014

Avocado and Chickpea Salsa with Baked Snapper (by Biggs)

I thought a fish dinner might be a nice idea for dinner so went and bought the most expensive fish I could find figuring it would be the best - snapper is what was on offer today. I dusted it in a salt and pepper flour before frying it off and baking it in the oven.

While the fish was cooking I made a salsa of avocado, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, chili, lemon, lime and coriander. The original plan was for dinner to be nice and fresh but sometimes I fear that fresh equals flavourless so I also sprinkled in a bit of Old Bay Spice.

I thought dinner was quite tasty, the fish was super meaty.

1 comment:

G said...

The salsa was great. A winning combination of avocado and other salsa items.

Biggs is right - the fish was super meaty. It's been some time since we had a big fillet of white fish like that - probably because we were scarred from finding out the truth about bassa.