Tuesday 11 November 2014

Minimal Pork and Kiwi Fruit Tortillas (by G)

Do you guys remember the time I found out that if we all didn't eat one vegetarian meal a week the whole world will be fucked?  Possibly not, it was before you guys' time - for some reason Biggs took up the challenge and we used to have a vegetarian meal every once or twice a fortnight.

Anyway Biggs stopped doing the vegetarian thing and now we're more fucked than ever before. I discovered last night that we're all fucked unless we eat, on average, less than or equal to 111.1111111 grams of land farm animals a day.  Tonight I decided to take action to avert the apocalypse (beats me why, I hate people and I hope they all die of vegetarianism).

I kind of thought that 110 odd grams of pork would equal about 5 thick slices of pork each. I was wrong, it came to 4  one millimetre thin slices of pork. So anyway, I fried off the slices and sprinkled them with a dusting of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, oregano powder, paprika and salt for some flavour.

Yesterday Biggs requested something fresh for dinner so I decided to make a fruit salsa. I've done mango before so I decided to try Kiwi Fruit (given that it has a bit of a citrusy flavour anyway).  The salsa consisted of 3 peeled and diced K Fruit, red chilli, coriander, mint and lime juice.

Once again I was too lazy to make the tortilla wraps.

I anticipated that dinner was not going to be a winner for an insurmountable number of reasons - it turned out to be about 1000 times better than expected. Partly due, no doubt, to the bottle of Thai sriracha I bought today.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I'm slightly panicked about the concept of only 111.111111 grams of meat a night.

I'm happy to destroy myself with kilos and kilos of meat but I guess I don't really want to kill the planet. I guess.

Hopefully G soon decides to go in the opposite direction and bring on the apocalypse early by eating ALL OF THE MEAT. Fingers crossed.

Oh, but if this is what 111.111111 grams of meat tastes like, I'm in. It was (surprisingly delicious).