Tuesday 4 November 2014

Chipoltle Pepper Tortillas (by Biggs)

I found a recipe that suggested mixing chipoltle peppers through pork for tortillas and I thought that would be a great smokey idea. I'm not sure I actually know what chipoltle peppers taste like but I've always imagined they'd be smokey. Most conveniently G has dried chipoltle-type peppers in the pantry.

I soaked the peppers in hot water and added some lime before mixing some through strips of pork and some through fresh corn kernels. I was going to serve things seperately but after cooking the pork I ended up dumping the corn in with it and stirring through some coriander.

The good news is I finally got off my arse and made tortillas from scratch. They were pretty good. Probably a little thick and a bit like plasticine but still, pretty good. Very pliable which is always helpful when stuffing a tortilla with pork.

1 comment:

G said...

The best thing about this dinner was the tortillas. I hope I have the energy to make them fresh when next it is my time to cook tortillas.

The pork mixture was unusual but good - it was fun to have corn again, it's been a while.