Friday 28 November 2014

Mushroom Terrine (by G)

I had a hankering for one of those vegetable terrines set in aspic or gelatine, when I was looking for a recipe I found a recipe for a mushroom terrine - it was pretty much not what I was looking for at all but the quantity of mushrooms tempted me.
 
Because I had bought the mushrooms the day before they had spent about 19 hours in a warm fridge (blackout) and had acquired a bit of a funky sweaty smell.  Regardless, I fried the two types of mushrooms (field and bella) along with some shallot and garlic, added some fresh parsley and an egg and cream mixture (it was supposed to be crème fraiche but I couldn't easily find it and life is too short to be spending it in the dairy aisle).  The whole mix went into the oven and was baked for about half an hours. I don't know why I needed a recipe for that. It was, predictably, okay.
 
I decided to serve it with the garlic bread I had planned to have the night before but couldn't cook (blackout) - it was a weird texture.
 


No comments: