Thursday 6 November 2014

Fried Pork and Udon Noodles (by G)

I've still got a big chunk of pork neck left over from the other night - I'm cooking for myself tonight so I decided to slice off a couple of thick pieces and fry up.

The noodles were boiled tender then mixed through some fried red onion, mushroom, garlic and green chilli. Next I sprinkled in some sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and a little spoonful of tamarind puree. In an attempt to freshen the whole thing up I added a bunch of some green and purple leafed vegetable and some Thai basil.  The greens pretty much disappeared and didn't freshen up shit but I think they added some good flavour.

It may not be the sexiest plate of food ever photographed, in-fact it looks a bit like something that fell behind the fridge sometime in the 80's and was only recently discovered, but I really nailed the flavours - it was super tasty.

No comments: