Thursday 27 November 2014

Ottoman Platter (by Biggs)

Oh boy! I just witnessed (and indulged in) the biggest platter of food in the world! Scary big.

I only know one family in Canberra, Amanda's brother, his wife and baby so I forced myself upon them this evening. Bob picked me up from work and we headed straight down the road to a Turkish place that apparently has queues around the block at lunch and dinner times. Fortunately we were pretty early so after an impressively efficient ordering process (there's literally a sign at the counter that says "Move On!") and a quick tallie while we waited, we were presented with about 6 kilograms of food. 

Chicken, beef, lamb, rice, pide, breads, dips, salad, cheese pastries, koftas, it was endless! We were all so intimidated I don't think we even ate 1/10 of the food between 3 of us (plus the baby who cheekily dumped at least one kilo on the floor). Amazing! 

Amazing! I almost forgot to photograph dinner so you'll need to use your imagination:



No comments: