Monday 3 November 2014

Warm Pork and Dumpling Salad (by G)

I have a bunch of recipes waiting to be made by me, problem is - I got a hankering for pork part way though the day. So pork it is.

One of my favourite porks is the neck bit so I got a large hunk of that, cut it into some irregular chunks then marinated them in a mix of minced garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha and some ground coriander (also a sprinkle of MSG). After a couple of hours I fried the meat to get some colour on it, then stuck it into a hot oven to get it a bit charry. Unfortunately the oven treatment caused the meat to get a bit salty, no matter.

To emphasise the porkiness of dinner I added some packet pork and chive dumplings. For green there was some spring onion, green stuff with purple leaves, coriander with no coriander flavour and what I think was thai basil also with no flavour.  I also added some toasted peanuts for no particular reason.

I don't know that this recipe is ever going to take off but I did get to eat chunks of pork so I'm satisfied.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I liked this. It was nice and fresh with interesting herbs....I particularly liked the peanuts so am glad G's brain came up with that one.