Wednesday 5 November 2014

Lamb Cutlets with Carrot and Coriander Salad (by G)

I was looking to make a budget option for dinner - then I remembered lamb cutlets... they're not the cheapest protein around, but they sure are delicious.

I simply cooked the chops under the grill and finished them off in the oven.

For sides I took the lead from a recipe on a supermarket website.  A salad of carrots and coriander dressed with sugar and lemon juice. The mix was a bit off, too sweet, so I added some lime juice, and then some white vinegar. It was still pretty sweet but palatable.

As there was some left over Turkish break I crisped that up in the oven and served it with ricotta and feta blitzed together with some sour cream mixed through to thin it down (I was supposed to use milk but I forgot to get any).

It only just occurred to me that it is a pretty shitty thing to do - eat little baby sheep but they are mostly to blame for being awesomely tasty.


No comments: