Tuesday 18 November 2014

Sweet Potato Burritos (by G)

Still on a meatless jag - tonight's offering is sweet potato burritos. I wasn't looking for vegetarian burritos or sweet potato anything, they just appeared randomly while I was looking for recipes on the internet.  They seemed like a good idea so I went with it.

Basically it is just mashed sweet potato (I roasted mine in the oven), cheese and a bean puree - the beans were supposed to be kidney but I had a tin of cannellini beans in the pantry so I used those instead. The beans were cooked with some onion, garlic, cumin, chilli flakes, fake chicken stock and a dash of water - then I mashed 'em up good.

It was a pretty unusual mix that's for sure, pretty tasty - the worst thing was that my wrapping technique. Abysmal.

The French fries are there because I didn't really have anything else as a side so I used half the packet of fries I got for tomorrow's dinner.

 

No comments: