Thursday 6 November 2014

Chicken Tagine and Moroccan Meatballs (by Biggs)

Dinner tonight was at Fi and Dan's house. I really haven't appreciated their fancy fancy new kitchen enough since they renovated. But tonight, it was well and truly appreciated.

There were five of us at dinner so Fi and Dan sensibly prepared two tagine-type dishes - Fi's famous meatballs and a chicken dish with garlic olives and preserved lemon (home-preserved lemon - FUCK YEAH!). Dinner was served with rice and green beans (one of my top five-favourite vegetables).

Next came individual rose water panna cottas (yeah, you read that right). At this point I realised life is pretty fucking perfect....and I'm really good at picking friends. More specifically, Fi and Dan are excellent at making dinner for people.

It didn't stop there....not only did I drink all the alcohol in their house but Kirst and Ryan brought a variety of chocolates for post-dessert treats. Individual handmade caramels and chocolates came first. In case that wasn't enough (which it wasn't) there were also cocoa-dusted nuts. Incase that wasn't enough (which it wasn't) there were also chocolate-covered freeze-dried strawberries.

It just occurred to me I was planning for one of those strawberries to be my last bite of the evening but I stupidly filled my stomach with all of the booze.

Notice how the photo is glowing? That's how good dinner was.

No comments: