Monday 24 November 2014

Chakalaka on Toast (by G)

There was a certain inevitability when I made all that chakalaka the other night that it would have to feature again on the dinner menu. As Biggs is not home and it's a Monday night I decided to have a simple supper of toast topped with chakalaka topped with an egg.

I didn't just have one piece of toast... I broke the second egg yolk and vanity got the better of me so I only photographed the egg with the perfect yolk.  I also realised that the egg was covering the chakalaka so I dumped some on the side, luckily I had plenty to play around with.  I also realise that you can't really see the toast in this photo - no biggie, I'm guessing you've seen toast before. This toast was thick cut from a supermarket country loaf.

I'd have to say, the chakalaka tastes even better the next day, I'm a fan of chakalaka and will probably forget to make it ever again.

No comments: