Wednesday 19 November 2014

Fish, Chips 'n' Peas (By G)

Biggs was originally not going to be home tonight so I thought I would have a play on steak and eggs and chips with some grilled spicy tofu instead of the steak.  When it turned out Biggs was actually going to be home I decided to change the plan (she is beginning to get that look in her eye where one more non-meat product might cause long term damage).

Every Wednesday afternoon on my walk home from work I pass through the city markets but never ever buy anything so today I decided I would go to the fish place to get a tofu substitute - problem is that just as I was nearing the market a very violent tropical thunderstorm hit the city. I had an umbrella but it was virtually useless against the horizontal sheets of rain, I got so wet within about 20 seconds that it was virtually impossible for me to get any wetter so I pressed on.  Most of the marketeers  were either packing up or had already left but I found the fish people huddled in the back corner of their tent.  I didn't spend much time deciding on the type of fish, I asked for something meaty and the guy suggested wahoo - I don't know if it's sustainable or not... at the time I couldn't really care less.

After drying out at home I pan fried the fish and served it with some oven chips and peas (I though eggs would be weird - also, my plan was to get eggs on the way home but I was so soaking wet that I wasn't really in a fit state to go into a shop).  The fish was really nice, like mackerel and Biggs had some left over lemon which really added a touch of class to the whole meal.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

Who doesn't like fish and chips? The fish was super meaty.