Wednesday 12 November 2014

Chipolatas and Vegetables (by Biggs)

I try to remain calm as I write this post but I am suffering from shock, confusion and inner turmoil at the thought of the new house rule.....111.11111111 grams of meat per day. We are carnivorous to the extreme, G doesn't give a shit about people, planet or physical health, how did we end up in this mess??! Damn thirst for knowledge, damn competitive nature.....and damn my vaguely social conscious.

I had already bought a tray of chipolatas when I was introduced to the new meat portioning concept but, tonight, I calmly put 10 chipolatas in the freezer and fried up 6 (105 grams each). To pad out dinner I cooked up two large mushrooms as well as a mix of carrot, peas and asparagus. 

I had broccoli in the fridge and figured I should use it. I feared dinner would be a bit bland with all those vegetables so decided to deep fry the broccoli in beer batter. G thought it was a bit weird but I thought it was like satisfying doughy dumplings of indecipherable origin. 

Turns out three chipolatas are frustratingly enough. 

1 comment:

G said...

As a sausage glutton I was pleasantly surprised that so few sausages could be so satisfying. I'm serious - 3 mini sausages is probably the correct amount.

I thought the broccoli was weird. Not bad, just weird. That was some weird broccoli.