Friday 14 November 2014

Lamb with Brussels Sprout Salad (by Biggs)

Woah! My mind is blown. I just looked up Brussel Sprouts and discovered for the FIRST TIME in 33 years that they are actually Brussels Sprout....popular and perhaps originated in Brussels. At least I'll always know how to spell it from now on.

I wanted to make a Brussels Sprout salad to go with some lamb tonight and the first (and most interesting) recipe I found was sprouts, smoked almonds, dried cranberries and cheese. The recipe suggested I used manchego cheese but I used Swiss....that's sure to piss off the Spaniards. Sorry Alonso! I've since learnt they are very different cheeses. Oh well! The salad still tasted good. The dressing of oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice and zest, maple syrup and grain mustard was particularly good.

The salad was to be served with bagel chips which, until tonight I didn't know what were (I sure am learning a lot this evening!). 

The lamb was coated in Dijon and roasted. 

1 comment:

G said...

I think Biggs may have logged on to the wonker-web for the salad recipe, it was a counter intuitive combination of flavours. It was good though, smoked almonds and Swiss cheese should be in more salads. The lamb was good too.

I'm sticking with brussel sprouts rather than brussels sprouts - Reader's Digest calls them brussel sprouts and that is good enough for me.