Tuesday 9 December 2014

Thai Squid Salad (by Biggs)

Hmmm....it occurs to me now that I forgot it was Tortilla Tuesday. I'm still travelling for work and it's hard enough to remember what town I'm in let alone what day it is. So, no tortillas tonight. 

We were a bit too tired to venture far from the hotel and given we're a bit stuck in the Hervey Bay marina our options were limited to the boat club or the one marina restaurant that was on offer. We weren't too interested in being surrounded by keno machines and pokies so went with the restaurant. 

I didn't expect the squid to be deep-fried but sure didn't mind that it was. The salad was refreshing, I like crunchy noodles, all good in the hood. 

What made this salad Thai I hear you ask? Er, I'm not entirely sure....the sweet chili sauce?!

No comments: