Saturday 13 December 2014

Southern Fried Tofu (By G)

I thought Biggs would like a traditional Ketucky style chicken meal but with tofu instead of chicken - I may have been wrong.

I brined the tofu just like I would have done chicken then coated it in a seasoned flour - it was a really heavily seasoned flour. There was salt and pepper and onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, curry powder, dried parsley, some mustard powder and various other things. After the tofu was coated I fried it.

I think in retrospect I should have coated the tofu in egg wash before adding the flour, or maybe I should have added some liquid to the flour to make a batter because most of it fell off into the oil. The flavour did not really come through with the tofu.

Anyway - I overdressed a packet of coleslaw with mayonnaise just as they do in certain chicken shops. There were also some oven cooked chips. I seasoned these with a dash of smoked salt that Biggs bought for me in Melbourn. The salt is amazing - I have recently been taking it as snuff.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Hmmm. Not the most flavourful dinner I've ever had. Maybe it's time for a little tofu break.