Monday 1 December 2014

Chicken Dinner (by Biggs)

The best part of traveling around to different workplaces at this time of year is that you get invited along to various end of year celebrations. Tonight I was included in a local Mackay work Christmas dinner for some of the organisational volunteers.

Dinner was an alternate drop seated affair with the 'drops' being chicken and steak. I was pretty happy with the chicken being dropped in front of me given it looked so herby and delicious....and it was. But from all accounts the steak was pretty mouth-watering as well.

The chicken must have come from fine breeding stock. It was a giant. I've completely blown out my average of 110 grams of meat a night so might have to opt for vegetarian for the next few nights.


We didn't plan for dinner very well in that a few of us had been to Sizzler for lunch. For the uninitiated, Sizzler is an all-you-can-eat salad bar restaurant that is popular in Queensland. As a result, this lovely looking dessert was all too much for me.

No comments: