Wednesday 10 December 2014

Corn Fritters and Salad (by G)

I wanted something fried for dinner, but not meat. I decided on fritters, corn fritters.

The fritters were made from tinned corn, some sliced spring onions, plain flour (with some baking powder as a substitution for self raising flour), cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, an egg an some milk. That was the extent of flavourings as far at the recipe went but I wanted to ensure the fritters were packed with flavour so I also added cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

It turned out the only flavour the fritters took on was of crappy tinned corn. I don't know what happened - I have no idea what the deal with the cheese was especially. I know I put it into the fritters but what happened to it after that is a mystery.

There was a salad of mostly leftover vegetables - cos lettuce, tomato, tinned corn, red chilli and an avocado I bought especially. The avocado made the salad a bit murky and I discovered I had no mayonnaise for dressing so I filched a touch of Biggs' Caesar dressing.

Dinner would have been a minor disappointment were it not for sriracha.

No comments: