Sunday 14 December 2014

Tofu Rice Paper Wraps (by Biggs)

I was planning to make sushi tonight with my fancy new Miyajima sushi spoon but by the late afternoon I was in quite a mood so defaulted to one of my easy specialties - rice paper wraps. I used to make these all the time but it's been a while.

Inside these ones was spicy tofu, rice noodles, lettuce, capsicum, carrot, coriander and peanuts. Horrifyingly nutritious. I was chopping carrots for what seemed like hours. Why I didn't just use my swanky mandolin I have no idea.

You may notice these are beautifully wrapped. I spent years working in a kebab shop and it turns out the skill of wrapping a kebab is quite transferable.

1 comment:

G said...

I can recommend rice paper rolls with a good amount of sriracha - the spicy tofu is not as spicy as you might expect.