Saturday 6 December 2014

Seafood Basket (by Biggs)

I was really looking forward to cooking tonight given it's been a couple of weeks since I dabbled in such a thing. Admittedly, I thought I had a few quails in the freezer to roast up....I was wrong.

Once I discovered that wasn't a thing I instead picked a perfect meal out of my swanky vegetarian cookbook and was convinced it would wow my audience. And again, things did not go according to plan...... I drank some beer.

As a result of the beer I ended up napping until dinnertime and had to swiftly commission a gentleman to deliver us some food. I got us a seafood basket each with prawns and calamari and fish and chips and potato scallops. It was 100% shit. 100%. Awfully awfully shit. Gluggy and greasy and possibly not even seafood. Who knows? I didn't eat much of mine but G ate the lot so he's in for some significant digestive tract issues this evening.

I PROMISE to cook next week....and maybe even the week after that. Stay tuned because it's going to be awesome!

1 comment:

G said...

Wow, this was shit. I don't blame Biggs - she commissioned a seafood artisan to hand craft us a delicious meal and they dumped packets of the seafood equivalent of pink slime into a deepfryer. They didn't even do a good job with the deep frying.

The batter coating on the fish was so thick and unpleasant that it gave me flashbacks to the vomit inducing duck curry (with battered prawns) that I had in Yangon.

To quote Homer Simpson - 'I can't believe I ate the whole thing'.